A St. Paul man accused of exposing a little too much on his private beach on Lower Prior Lake was acquitted of indecent exposure and disorderly conduct charges in July.
57-year-old Richard Bolger had been charged after a boater reported the June 19 incident to a Scott County deputy. The man said he noticed a nude man standing on the shoreline, waving his arms in an attempt to bring attention to himself.
Bolger’s lawyer said six witnesses testified before the court that Bolger had not done anything indecent or disorderly, which he said helped prove his client’s innocence. Attorney Paul Engh tells the Shakopee Valley News, “It doesn’t matter if he was clothed or not, he wasn’t being indecent. He should never have been charged.”