Fire damages Belle Plaine funeral home 25 Oct 11

An electrical wiring issue is believed to be the cause of a fire that damaged Kolden Funeral Home in Belle Plaine yesterday.

Fire crews from Belle Plaine, Jordan and New Prague responded around 2:45 yesterday afternoon and saw smoke coming through the roof and attic vents of the home. Belle Plaine Assistant Police Chief Todd Otto tells KCHK firefighters were able to contain most of the damage to the attic.

Some smoke and water damage occurred to the residence as well, but Otto says the business portion of the funeral home was not affected and should remain fully operational.

No one was injured in the blaze.