MEATLOAF SPINACH SWIRL
- 1 slice wheat bread (or ¾ c. bread crumbs)
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 eggs
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 t. mustard
- ¾ t. oregano leaves
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 t. garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Combine bread, beef, onion, eggs, ½ c. tomato sauce, mustard, oregano, salt, pepper, and mix well.
On waxed paper, spread meat mixture into a 10” x 12” rectangle, approx. ½” thick. Drain all water from spinach, pressing between paper towels if necessary to get spinach as dry as possible. Distribute spinach across meat rectangle to within ½” of edges of the meat. Sprinkle garlic salt and then 1 c. of cheese.
Lift the short edge of the waxed paper and roll meat rectangle jelly-roll fashion, sealing ends and bottom edge by pressing together to keep the cheese inside.
Place in a 9” x 13” baking pan, seam side down, and bake in a preheated oven at 350” for 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove drippings, then pour the balance of tomato sauce over the meatloaf and bake 15 minutes more. Spread remaining cheese, and bake another 15 minutes.
-from Reminisce Magazine
- 6-8 large potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- 2 T chopped chives or green onion tops
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
BEEF TACO SKILLET
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can tomato soup
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup water
- 6 flour tortillas, 6 “, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Cook beef in a 10” skillet until well browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat. Stir in soup, salsa, water, tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook fro 5 minutes. Stir. Top with cheese. Makes 4 servings.