CHICKEN ENCHILADA DIP
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves OR 1 lg can chicken breast meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
If you’re baking the chicken, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken breast halves on a medium baking sheet and bake to 165 degrees or until no longer pink. Remove from heat, cool and shred. Place shredded chicken in a medium bowl, and mix in cream cheese, mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, green chile peppers and jalapeno pepper. Transfer the chicken mixture to a medium baking dish. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
CREAMY HERBED PORK CHOPS
- 4 PORK CHOPS, CUT ¾ INCH THICK
- 1 TBSP BUTTER
- 1/3 C FINELY CHOPPED CARROT
- 1 TBSP SNIPPED PARSLEY
- 2 TSPS FLOUR
- ½ T DRIED BASIL, THYME, OR TARRAGON, CRUSHED
- ½ T INSTANT BEEF BOUILLON GRANULES
- 2/3 C CREAM
- 2 TBSPS DRY WHITE WINE
TRIM FAT FROM MEAT. IF DESIRED, SPRINKLE WITH SALT AND PEPPER. IN A LARGE SKILLET COOK CHOPS IN BUTTER OVER MEDIUM HEAT FOR 5 MINUTES. TURN CHOPS & ADD CARROT. COOK FOR 5-7 MINUTES MORE OR TILL NO PINK REMAINS. REMOVE CHOPS, RESERVING DRIPPINGS AND CARROT. FOR SAUCE, STIR PARSLEY, FLOUR, BASIL, THYME OR TARRAGON; BOUILLON, AND ¼ TSP PEPPER INTO DRIPPINGS AND CARROT. ADD CREAM ALL AT ONCE. COOK AND STIR UNTIL THICKENED AND BUBBLY. STIR IN WINE. RETURN CHOPS TO SKILLET AND HEAT THROUGH. TO SERVE, SPOON SAUCE OVER CHOPS.
- 10-12 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups corn flakes (or other crunchy cereal)
- 1/2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
Cook bacon until very crisp; drain, break into half-inch pieces and reserve. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg.
Combine flour and soda, stir into butter mixture. Stir in bacon pieces, corn flakes, and raisins.
Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough two inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Cool one minute.
Remove from baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks.