CHICKEN ON A STICK
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Sprinkle with the meat tenderizer and place in a sealable plastic bag. Pour the dressing in the bag and turn the chicken to coat thoroughly. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate. Place the chicken onto skewers and grill over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes per side. Chicken is done when its juices run clear.
HAM AND PINEAPPLE KABOBS
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 pound cooked ham, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
Preheat the grill for high heat. In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, and mustard. Thread ham and pineapple chunks alternately onto skewers. Lightly oil grill grate. Place skewers on the prepared grill, and brush liberally with the brown sugar mixture. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning frequently and basting often. Serve when heated through and richly glazed.
CHILI LIME CHICKEN KABOBS
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.