EMMONS, Minn. (AP) — An Emmons mother says her 10-month-old baby is a hero because her cries alerted the family that the house was on fire.
Samantha Meeks says if it weren’t for Khalette Meeks-Radke, they might not have made it out of the house, which was declared a total loss. Khalette’s grandmother, Deb Radke, was sleeping on the main floor of the house Wednesday where the fire started. She was taken to a hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
Meeks, her boyfriend, Anthony Radke and her 3-year-old daughter were asleep in the basement and awakened when Khalette began crying. Radke ran upstairs and helped his mother from her room just before her oxygen tank exploded.
The Albert Lea Tribune (http://bit.ly/IWpLea) says three dogs also made it out of the house safely.
Information from: Albert Lea Tribune, http://www.albertleatribune.com
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.