- If cooked properly….result in only a tablespoon of fat within the turkey
- Turkey should be complete thawed and dry before cooking
- Inject your favorite liquid seasoning in multiply location around the bird
- I really like rosemary garlic, but teriyaki, BBQ and butter garlic are also at the top of my list
- Peanut Oil is a standard in quality oil
- Do not overfill the pot with oil…..use vendor recommendations
- Key is the correct temp which is around 350 to 375 degrees
- Smoke from your oil mean your burning it and you’ll have a burn flavor
- Make sure you do the cooking outside away from buildings
- Provide a wind break if necessary
- Use prop lifting techniques and tools to handle the bird
- If a fire should occur….call 911 immediately. Grease fires are difficult to put out and don’t use water!!!!!!
- Cooking times vary according to the size of the turkey…..follow instructions that come with your turkey cooker or go on line
Enjoy…..you’ll never to back to just roasting a turkey again…..it’s delicious!!!!!